Monday, April 2, 2007

Prelude. T-Minus 20 days and counting...

This is a story of knowing a guy who knew a guy who knew a guy…

And then I got offered a job in the Ministerio del interior Venezolano, working at the newly founded Instituto de Planificación Venezolano.
For starters, I’ll be teaching English with organizers of the ‘communal councils’ (the participatory apparatuses of the Bolivarian Revolution) before moving on to instructing political theory, global political economy, that sort of thing (details, I am sure, to follow). I also intend on doing research and generally observing ‘what’s going on’…something along the lines of fieldwork for a doctoral dissertation on constituent power – the emerging details of which I hope will fill future posts on this blog.

Finally, I hope to do what I can to report back to the US – seeing as how the coverage of the rest of the world, but of Venezuela in particular, is atrocious at best in the heart of the Empire…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

welcome to the blogosphere, friend.

Cristina Lopez said...

Hi Don,

You've been blogrolled: http://blog.lib.umn.edu/clopez/wordsareweeds/

I'm very excited for you (and a little envious.) Can't wait to hear about your adventures.